Cowboy UP

Saturday we spent the day in Kiowa, Co at the Cowboy Up Rodeo.
It was one of those days; the kind where everyone is happy even though they are a little sunburned and very tired.  The type of day where on the way home we were all laughing out loud about how fun it was and the little ones were fast asleep before we left the parking lot.  A supremely happy, fulfilling day.
Christian achieved his long time dream of doing Muttin' Bustin'.  He loved it and wants to ride again every chance he can.  He was a bit bothered that he didn't have his own cowboy hat and rodeo vest like some of the other riders.  Ah, well.  One step at a time.  This rodeo was one of the best we have been too because, well because it was in Kiowa!  Kiowa is a tiny town with a 100 year old church as its public library.  Its just that kind of a town which means its small and perfect for our family to attend a rodeo in. 
 After the pro riders they had a bunch of games set up for the kids and they all got bags with prizes and soda!  My children could not have been happier.  For icing on the cake, Savanna was the grand prize winner as she caught the chicken in the Chicken Chase!!!  I have never seen a chicken run for its life like that and it was pretty funny - after being chased all around by a boisterious group of about 40 children, the chicken hopped through the fence and headed out behind the stands.  Savanna nimbly followed, chasing it under a trailer and reaching in and grabbing it by the leg!  After it ran through the fence I said to Kurt "I would have thought Sav would have grabbed that chicken, this is so up her alley!".  Not 2 mintues later Savanna came walking back with that chicken cradled in her arms!  We had a good laugh and went home tired, happy folks!  




























Bring on the summer rodeos, I love it! 

Comments

  1. So much happiness!

    You have the eye for just the most perfect shots. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just doesn't get much better than this. What a GREAT summer event that your kids will always remember. It looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just have to add that your kids looks unbelievably cute in these pictures. Christian waving at the crowd could melt your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun!
    We went to a 'chicken race' a couple of years ago and my granddaughter caugt the chicken too. It was a lot of fun too watch. It ended too quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm smiling and happy just reading this. I love those perfect, memory making days. Speaking of memories, will you email me about the digital scrapbook software you use. I think I want to buy it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is awesome! I have been meaning to ask you how the one in Elizabeth went. that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so awesome! I miss you guys. Muttin Bustin would have been a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Yeah for "golden memory" days! I wish I could have seen Sav with that chicken in her arms and Christian on the sheep! What a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, days like that are the best. the BEST! so glad you had one at the rodeo!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment