Clark is 6 weeks old today!

"We are not at home in time, for we belong to eternity."
I am not sure where I read that statement and today I feel it is so true! I seem to always be wishing time would either speed up or slow down. I wish my children would grow past a certain stage more quickly or remain small longer (Clark for sure!) I am so thankful for Clark and so far it has been wonderful having him join our family. Does that mean I love the sleepless nights and the weight gain? NOPE, not at all. But, I LOVE HIM! I love Clark and I am thankful he is mine. He has already grown so much - he has gone from this:
To this:





I have much to be thankful for yet sometimes it is so hard for me to rem ember that list and instead the list of what I want to change or have more of stays in the forefront of my mind.

Quote for the day today is by Savanna
"Does anyone want to go out and chill with me in the sun?"
Apparently a mild December day in Colorado calls for a popsicle and basking in the sun! After only about 2 minutes of her and Christian chilling in the sun they came inside and asked for hot chocolate! made me laugh!

Lastly, Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year to everyone! I know I am slightly biased, but I think our Christmas card (gone digital) is pretty darn cute! My kids love to read the book "Tumble Bumble" by Felicia Bond and one part reads "and tippy-toeing on fourteen feet" so I have thought about those fourteen feet that make up my family and I wanted to do something about 14 feet. This is what I came up with!

Here is a fun photo of all the family members who were with us on the 27th for Madeline's baptism and Clark's baby blessing.


And these are my kids with their cousins Gabby and JakeMadeline with Grandma and Grandpa Sheffield

Kurt and I with Clark




Comments

  1. What wonderful pictures, Em! It is so awesome to be able to see these pictures of your family and get a scoop on what you're up to. I'm so glad you started this blog! And the quote is wonderful -- it's one by Neal A. Maxwell. I can find you the reference if you wish. Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment