Wizard of Oz News Flash: Munchkin #7 Steals the show!!!



While I was hardly in the right state of mind (or body) to fully enjoy the show, Savanna was by far the cutest and most fun to watch (for me of course) actress on the stage!  I would not recommend coming straight off congestive heart failure from the hospital to sitting for a 3 hour show in which your child only performs at the very beginning and the very end.  I am ashamed to say that if it had been closer to home I would have gone to bed and slept the 1.5 hours in between.  
Savanna was very serious about fulfilling her part to perfection and did an awesome job of singing, dancing, and making sure that silly straw hat stayed in the right place!  :)  I am so happy that she had a good experience AND that the show is now OVER.  No more rehearsals and rush sewing jobs that my mom graciously comes to finish for me because I am out of commission or anything like unto it.  Madeline has announced that she too plans to audition for a part of next year's show.  Hmmmm.  We will see about that.  

I have to share what happened this week that just proves what an awesome mom I am!  (This is where you start laughing hysterically)  Sitting at the table waiting for breakfast the other morning the kids were singing primary songs because the waffles were taking way too long.  We asked Emma if she would like to choose a song from nursery to sing and she immediately starts to sing "keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding, bleeding in love......" in her adorable two year old voice.  Yes, ladies and gentleman that confirms what we have all been wondering - I am the winner of the Mom of Year {NOT} award.  I ask my child for her favorite primary song and she begins to sing one of her Mom's favorite songs of the past year, 'Bleeding Love'.  What can I say, you can't ALL be like me!   ha.  I guess that's one of the most humbling things about raising children.  They put your faults on full blast and then go out in public parading them around.  If you are a parent and you don't know what I am talking about ..... well lets just say you don't know what I am talking about YET.  ha.  

Comments

  1. Congestive Heart Failure? What? Email me! julierallen at me dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hope you are feeling better. Your kids crack me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sav is adorable! No elementary school production should ever be more then 45 minutes though. :) Emma is a hoot, what a crack up. I am sorry about all the yucky health stuff Em. I hope all gets better soon. Love ya-Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beg to differ about you not being the Mom of the Year. Please re-read the first part of your blog, as I remember it said something about coming home from CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE to watch your daughter in a THREE hour play!! If that doesn't show the WHOLE world you are an amazing mother, what will?? I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment