Wow, is it really friday again?


a few things:
school really wipes kids out.  They are SO tired after a long week of school that friday night is code word for an all-children meltdown at our house!  WOw!  It was bad tonight.   And they don't even realize how tired they are and so they don't know why they are crying so they keep crying and saying I just don't even know and you know they just neeeeeeed to go to sleep as in right this second and they do noooooot want to go to sleep and wow its a little touch and g
o for a while there until they stop and say well Mom you know I really am tired I think I will go to sleep now.  whew! 

Colorado is beautiful all the time but I really love it right now.  Leaves falling and changing and although I am sure it looks rather brown to my eastern friends, I love it here right now.  Beautiful.  

Christian is five years old now and he is such a delightful and fun boy.  The other day I asked what he learned at school and he said "well, you know all that stuff that you mostly learn while you are at school, well we mostly just did that."  That really cleared it up for me - now I know exactly what he did that day, don't you?  So far since kindergarton started they have studied this fabulous unit on animals, reptiles, amphibians and such.  They have had CU come with bones, furs, antlers and other items to see and touch and learn about.  The "Reptile Guy" has been in with his tortoise, snakes, lizards, and whatever he has!  And Hawkquest has been at the school with a great horned owl, bald eagle, falcons and hawks!  So many fun things to learn and Christian has been so completely captivated that I am a little worried that Unit #2 will be a bit of a let down... unless its dinosaurs.  He told me that the whole reason he went to school this year is to learn a lot about dinosaurs.  Very fun.  He is working very hard to learn to write all of his numbers and letters and colors properly.  He is an awesome boy!


Another thing:  my children LOVE to line up for photos for me - you can see a perfect example of that 100% willingness right here.  Gotta love it. 

Lately I have noticed so much the guiding hand of God in my life.  Blessings all over the place.  Sometimes they have been blessings that seem insignificant and that could just go into the 'that worked out well' category, but after I have reflected on it I have realized how blessed we have been.  For example, Christian's latest surgery.  We got in to see the doc a week before we were even scheduled because I randomly ran into his wife at the store and she told me his trip was cancelled, we got in 3 days later and had surgery the following day.  All before school started so he could actually HEAR his teacher!  Huge blessing. 
Business is slowing down with roofing and the weather has been cold and wet but Kurt has continued to have steady jobs coming in and is doing great.  That is a massive blessing.  
Although Clark has started spitting up again and his surgical wrap has slipped a bit, the surgeon has decided for now to wait and see how he does and so far he is moving more towards all solid foods (which he does not spit up as much) and he has gained a few ounces and not lost any weight.  Another miraculous blessing.  
Those are just a few examples, and I am not particularly thankful for the rounds of sickness we have had at my house over the past 2 weeks -- however when I really LOOK at my life and spend time being thankful for what surrounds me I am reminded that the Lord LOVES ME and I am BLESSED! 

Comments

  1. Em, these photos are GREAT!! I love the first one of Emma and the one of Clark by himself. You have such a great eye and talent with a camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked at how much older and bigger Clark looks. Do my eyes deceive me?

    Blessings all around, indeed. You are right to have an eye for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys and are so glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving. You are so blessed. and do am I :) I think Clark looks a lot bigger too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures! it seems you were out about the same time i was with a broken computer :)

    isn't it amazing how God is in the details of our lives?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em, Clark looks so big! He's adorable! I hear you on the exhaustion of children who go to school. You would have laughed your head off if you could have been here last night (and it was only Thursday). I always feel the same way on Fridays, but my feelings are a combination of relief that we made it through another week and dismay at the things that went undone. Love your photos. Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment