Progress Report #1

I should have done this report months ago.  And I should be more on top of my goals and making more progress than I am.  Alas, it is what it is and I can more forward from here.
So far this year I have recorded 27 baby steps of improvement in my life.   To be sure, I should have 10 times that many but today is a new day and with Clark getting more healthy all the time life gets back into a better swing of things each day.

I see so much work to be done around here and relationships that really need some gentle care.  Today marks the beginning of my 9 week get in shape again plan too.   I feel good about that too.  It's basically an eat really healthy with no sweets plan and exercise and smiling and working outside in the yard and being with my family and the whole package deal.  And I already know it will make me feel better about myself and my body.  And I need that!

Highlights of my steps so far include:

Going through all the kids clothes and weeding out what we don't want/need.  It feels good to slim down.   I want to have less and LOVE what we have.

Trying to focus on the good and not criticize - smile more and be patient more often! :)

I have found some opportunities to serve others and that makes me happy.  I have been praying that I will be prompted when and how to serve my friends.

I have created some things I'm really happy with and it makes me feel good to have my ideas shine through the fog.

What have you done this year?  Are you recording it so you know you are making progress?  I bet you are moving forward, sometimes we just don't know it!

Keep sailing on...
E

Comments

  1. I need to join you on your 9 weeks! And yes, you are moving forward ... and you just don't know it! I love your smile - and I see that accessory on you everytime I see you and it brightens my day. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the get in shape plan. Yesterday my brothers in law wanted to do a standing long jump contest(that I won) and after only 2 jumps my abs are sore today. Time to get in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post! i'm not great at recording baby steps and then i get discouraged that i'm not doing anything...i think i'll take a cue from you! we started an elimination diet with sam (for allergies) with no sugar and i feel fantastic! good luck with your new goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! You're so awesome! I quit eating sugar for a few weeks and then had some of Trenton's birthday cake. Gotta get back on that one! Thanks for your amazing example.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment