Wednesday, March 10, 2010

stuck.

at the hospital.
overall I know the nurses are here to help and care for Clark but can I vent for a minute?
Do they REALLY think  I am such an un=educated person that I don't know what is going on?  Do they have ANY idea how much time I have spent in the hospital with this kid?  I don't need a five minute explanation on what an ng feeding tube is, thanks.  I PUT ONE in his nose for 5 months myself.   Is it entirely necessary to come listen to him RIGHT NOW, because you want to RIGHT NOW, even though I finally just got him comfortable enough to sleep for the first time in 6 hours?  sheesh.  And if I ask for a band aid do you really have to know exactly what I am going to do with it, I mean, is that the latest weapon used on an aircraft and I just missed that? 
I realize i am sleep deprived and stressed.  And I am thankful for those who nurture and serve.  Yet I consistently find myself disappointed in the lack of professionalism everywhere I go.  And then I find I do it myself.  Is that the world we live in?  Are we just in a downward spiral?
Well if I mention that "health care reform" bill being crammed through the senate I think I just answered my own question. I digress.
Fever.  again.  Come on Clark!  Lets do some drinking!  Water is good, milk is good, juice is good, chocolate milk is good, lets all have some!  !!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Hopefully not too much longer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those long days and nights in the hospital really take a toll, don't they.
    And what about the 3 am check? Please, let my baby just sleep. I'll let you know if anything changes, I PROMISE!!!

    Thinking of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Em! We are praying for you guys constantly. I completely understand your frustrations. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even sleep deprived you write beautifully!! You, Kurt, and Clark are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete