Flashback


We are having some serious flashbacks over here.  Flashbacks to January.  We have had so much  rain and then snow for the past 48 hours that the kids had school cancelled half way through the day yesterday and I BARELY made it home on the roads.  No one expected this so there were not any snow plows out until the afternoon and the roads have been very treacherous.  Trying to get the kids home from school there were cars stuck all over the roads so it was all driving down one lane in the middle of the road weaving between stuck vehicles.  Once we arrived home we snuggled in hoping to see some sunshine this morning. Alas, we woke up to more snow and it continues.  Happy Spring anyway!  Let's hope my garden seeds I have planted still come up!  The lawn should be green - next time we see it - and I keep sending the kids out to knock snow off the trees and flowers that are budding!

This is what it looked like at 7:30am when the kids left for school - Emma couldn't wait to get out in the snow and check it out!
























By noon we had this:
Being home all afternoon allowed us to have some great family time and art time.  My favorite creation by far is this painting by Chrisitan.

Giraffe:























We made peanut butter cookies, cinnamon rolls and dinner rolls, pulled pork and many paintings!
Now it is saturday morning and I am thinking to myself It is 7:30 am, all my kids are in my bed with Kurt and I and we just finished watching The Man From Snowy River.  Who FINISHES watching a movie at 7:30 am on a saturday?  Someday I hope my children learn how to sleep longer...

Comments

  1. I could watch that movie anytime day or night. I seriously love it. And that screen shot you grabbed there is one of my favorites!!!!

    Glad you had a good day, even if it was covered with snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic from Snowy River made me laugh! I am sorry about your snow. You have had so much this spring (notice I didn't say winter!) Yummy food and great art makes a worthy afternoon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that movie too! Sorry about all the snow. Not fun. At least it's not tornadoes!! Hey will you email me? I have a quick question!
    j.n.matthews@gmail.com
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. snow?! sorry about that. i guess that is spring in colorado.

    i want some cinnamon rolls and pulled pork. snow days at your house sound more fun than snow days at mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment