Thank goodness for mercy

Seriously.  Because I do have days where I want to quit and run away.  Why did I think I could successfully raise 5 children and take care of household management and myself and.... WHAT????
so here is a great quote, in refernce to our mortal acts and the Atonement of Jesus Christ:

"I feel that The Savior will give that punishment which is the very least that our transgression will justify.  I believe that he will bring into his justice all of the infinite love and blessing and mercy and kindness and understanding which he has...
"And on the other hand, I believe that when it comes to making the rewards for our good conduct, he will give us the maximum that it is possible to give, having in mind the offense which we have committed... As Isaiah wrote, if we will return unto the Lord, "he will abundantly pardon."
      -J. Ruben Clark Jr.


and here are some pretty flowers.  We had a baby shower/brunch for a friend this past weekend and it was fun.  I just took a 4 inch strofoam ball, cut it about 2/3 and 1/3 and used that to stuff the fresh flowers in.  The 2/3 half was this:






















I set it on a little tiny dish which was set on top of a crystal candlestick, and it made a nice centerpiece.  The other 1/3 I used another small bunch of flowers and it came out like this:







It was just set on the buffet table.  I still had 2 small vases of flowers left over to put in various places.  I think that went a long way, for only buying 2 bunches of flowers at costco!

Comments

  1. Em-you are so talented, I love the flowers! I am also so grateful for mercy, that quote is great. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Where would we be without mercy? Your flowers turned out awesome. Way to go! We missed you this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. those flowers are lovely! and i love that quote. so true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment