oil pastel

My children recently discovered oil pastels.  They love the way you can really lay down the color thick and rich  (as do I).  The afternoon that this was created I believe between all the kids we demolished a set of oil pastels, which is ok, because they are not the expensive kind and it was totally worth it.  I love to watch children create.  When children create they don't hold back; they aren't worried if their friends are going to like it or if it will be worthy of a blog post or pretty enough to use as home decor.  They create for the joy of it; sometimes knowing that they will immediately throw it away and start again.  I have a hard time throwing it away so now I scan it all and THEN dispose of it.  This is a current favorite of mine from my 6 year old son.
"Owl"

Comments

  1. I love it! What a great idea, we don't any pastels and you are right, my kids will love it too! Tell C. what a fabulous owl he made. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at doing this! I've been thinking that I need to provide more opportunities to create at home, and you're right, children are good examples of creating for the joy of it. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owl. And it is so true- I love how kids don't hold back. It is only as we get older that we begin to hold back and be worried about those other things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment