3D temple Art

This was created by Savanna during General Conference.  Savanna creates such fun artwork so frequently that I often find myself taking it for granted.  As I was trying to decide when the appropriate time had passed that I could toss this particular one,  I began thinking how truly amazing she is.  (I know that makes me sound so mean but how much paper can I keep?  I scan most items though.) She thought up this idea all on her own, completed it and figured out how to make it all work out without a single question.  She truly is a creative brain!
There are so many things I love about her and yet so many things about her where I think 'Oh that is SOOO much like me, don't be like me, be better than me!'  She is an amazing artist.  She is impossible to get out of bed in the morning.  If I place her feet on the ground and make sure she is up before I go to another room, she gets in a bed in a different room.  It makes me a little crazy.  Her freckles melt my heart.  She has a fashion style that is truly her own.  She will spend hours setting up outfits and always makes sure that she has matching accessories, down to hair clips, scarves, jackets and purses.  She is an incredibly hard worker and is usually the last one helping Dad at the end of a family work project.  She is a fast runner and a great bike rider.  On family bikerides she goes up the steepest paths, down through the dirt, and still beats us home.  She is very helpful in the kitchen.  She has been known on many occasions to sneak craft supplies under her covers so she can work on art after I think she has gone to bed.  (which only adds to the problem of waking up in the morning!)  She is fun and happy.  She is the last one in the car 95% of the time.  We sure love her.

Comments

  1. Wow! That is really fantastic art! Is there a way to submit that to the Friend? It's really great.
    I, too, am constantly trying to figure out the proper amount of time to keep something before it can be thrown out. I have a wall in my hallway where I frame my favorite pieces (it's rotated through) and I try to take pictures of the other great ones.

    I love your summation of Savannah. This is so much how I feel about my Chloe. She has a million amazing traits, but because I see my own worst ones in her sometimes, I forget to notice all the amazing. This is a tremendous reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I am so impressed with her creativity - but she is your daughter! Sav you are amazing!!! Lindsey on Dan's login

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful post. Sav is just an amazing girl. we love and miss her! I am laughing that she hides supplies to keep creating after bedtime...too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment