Flying Lessons

Lesson 12:
Family is really what it's all about.

I've been watching my parents take care of my aged Grandfather.  It's tough, tender, hard work.  It's an emotional rollercoaster.  It's what you know you would do for your parents even though you don't want to think about that day coming.

I had two of my brothers in town this weekend to visit Grandpa and celebrate Mother's Day.  It was a great time for us to get together and enjoy the beauitful day that it was.  I watched my brothers play in the sandbox with my sons; building a dirt track that I'm sure my sons will talk about for years.  I listened as my parents asked questions about what is going on with my children at school, soccer, piano, and with their friends.  They love feeling important like that.  I have watched my brothers sit with my Grandpa and talk with him and show him love.  I watched my mom, yet again, spend her time working away to provide a beautiful meal for all of us.  I watched my dad serve my mom and help around the house and with Grandpa so much it's hard to describe.  I watched my daughter jump on the trampoline while my mom watched her and told her what a great job she was doing.  Its was a truly wonderful night.  A night where you want it to continue because you are enjoying being together SO MUCH and you realize that it doesn't happen ENOUGH and that THIS is what REALLY matters.



E

Comments

  1. Moments like these make all the hard stuff a little more bearable. Great pictures. Amazing family.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that is what it's all about. I am so glad you are part of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true!! Christian looks so old - your kids are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment