Here we go...

The backpacks are set out, kids are scrubbed clean and in bed awaiting the first day of school tomorrow.  I wish I had another month with them at home but I get the feeling they are sick of me!  :)
I think it's going to be a great school year for each of them and I'm happy about that.  I'm a little tired already thinking about the homework and driving.





Last night we watched a photo slideshow of all the things we have done from the last day of school in May until yesterday when we attended the neighborhood park party.  We have done A LOT of fun things.  Nothing spectacular, nothing far from home, just a lot of good old fashioned fun. Guess what?  They are totally happy with that - nothing fancy, just spending good time together and enjoying childhood.
Now it's early mornings and packing lunches again.  Ah, well.  Here we go again...
E

Comments

  1. We start on Thursday and I am shocked at how sad that's making me. Although, like you said, I think the kids are really excited for a new adventure. The seasons are wonderful that way. I am growing to love it.

    I'm so glad you've had such a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer blew by too quickly. Good luck with your first week. I think that is the hardest - adjusting to a new routine and being so tired! This year the kids are making their own lunches at night during our dinner cleanup routine. I haven't heard a single complaint in the past 2 1/2 weeks that they don't like their lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful summer. Hope things are going well with school.
    I am just catching up with my blogs and I realized tonight that I really enjoy reading your blog and commentary on life. Keep up the good work. You lift my spirits and remind me what is important more than I let you know.
    Thanks Em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Em-I miss you guys! Fun idea to do at the end of the summer. It went by way too fast for me too. Funny about the funnest things for kids...we just went on this big seaworld trip and playing with their dad in this random blowup dinosaur was the highlight. :)xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment