I want two back

I have never belived much in that 'terrible two's' business.  I have always had SO much fun with my two year olds.  This belief has recenlty been reaffirmed to me since Clark has turned 3.

Two years old is curious, busy, active, loud and sometimes needy.  However, at my house three years old is when the DEFIANCE is added to all of that.  Oh, and the pitching of fits.  I could go without that.  This morning I'm pretty sure he following me around for about 20 minutes screaming about having candy for breakfast.  The only reason we even have candy in the house is that I bought it for the school children's valentines and he found it and opened it.  {Kurt found him on the kitchen floor tonight with a pizza cutter and scissors trying to open more sugar!} Did he really think I was giving in on that one?

Less than one hour later he was doing something so completely adorable - as he often does - which is currently escaping me as to what it was.  Then again within the hour pitching a fit again.  Before three came we had cute and silly most of the time.  I want two back.

I still adore this boy.  Especially in the peaceful moments when he is sleeping and I get to admire him.
E

Comments

  1. I would love to have 2 back too ... I miss my Julia. I can't believe she is in college. I love seeing tmy kids grow and develop into beautiful, intelligent, independant people ... and so glad to know that they still like to come and snuggle and that they will always call me Mom/Mama. There was a blog posting that really struck me. It spoke to me. I have to remember to find the Kairos moments each day. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

    Because these Kairos moments will be what my heart will remember when my kiddos are grown and on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!!!!!! my sisters and i talk about this all the time. two is a walk-in-the-park compared to three. ada turns 3 in april and i am already holding my breath. (luckily, i mostly got sam back when he turned 4!)

    hang in there! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment