Light No. 2

This week was funny.  Well, not really FUN just funny because the pain continued all week.  There was something pretty major each day.  The car went in for repair 3 times.  The furnace, the washer, the garage door.  I still managed to only have minor episodes of compeltley freaking out and laugh about it.

I did a better job of smiling this week.  I wrote in journals and started working on my art again.  This always makes me feel more balanced and happier.  {which begs the question why don't I do it consistently when I know that I need it}  I made more healthy food choices ( but chocolate is still a good friend).  I took photos and cleaned and laughed at how cute my kids are.  Really, I think they are exceptionally adorable.  Really.

How did I bring more light in my life?  Literally, I noticed a beautiful sunrise and sunset this week, and pointed them out to my children to enjoy with me.  I talked to them about reflecting that light and I'm pretty sure they listened.  I am particularly happy with how we added on to our family mission statment this year and set goals with the children.  We have been doing this for a few years so the only part we don't know is the one we added this year.  When we began several years ago the children were quite young so we have added on another sentence each year.  It is amazing how they all recite it and we can recall it to help us in our family goals.  I recite it with the children each morning when we have prayer together.  It reads:
We are children of God.  We are a loving family.  We are happy as we choose the right.  We love our Savior, Jesus Christ, and find joy in serving others.  We believe in the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  We aploligize and repent when we do wrong.  As we practice patience and kindness, we are becoming an inspired, eternal family.

On a more daily note, I realized that being more organized will allow me to have more room for light and I began what for me is a huge journey toward organizing and minimizing.  I plan to continue this throughout the Resolutinary Challenge, which begins tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it!

Sailing on,
E

Comments

  1. When I first saw the picture of Emma I thought Faye was a baby doll! She looks just like a bitty baby here to me!!!! Love you. Love new beginnings. I seem to need them often. Love your wall of windows and using one to list on my amazement at your talents just grows...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment