Light No. 5

This was a great week.  The light was abundant until Thursday evening when the snow began to fall and we didn't see the sun again until Saturday afternoon.  I'm glad it's back.

There were several things this week that made my heart feel light with joy.  One thing is that in a few small ways I began to make peace with my body over how I look right now.  I will be sharing more on this as I work through it in my art journal in the future but I feel like I am headed in the right direction.  Again, I am amazed at how blessed I am to have sisters and friends in my life and a mother who don't hesitate to say "I see you as a wonderful person who is more than what you look like on the outside" and "You are doing so much better than you think you are" and "You are a good mom, that's what I see".  All of these statements lead me toward greater light and understanding about who I really am and who God wants me to be and what HE sees in me.  Which is much more than what the scale sees.

Another source of light in my life this week is that I hosted a Valentine party in my home.  I wanted to do it early enough that people could mail a card to people who may not live close by like a parent or grandparent.  It took some work, inviting, cooking and getting my house put together, but I am so glad I did it.  I want to do it again soon.  We had lunch, we chatted, and we made cards.  I set up this table in my living room for people to sit and make cards to their heart's content.  I also had a table set up in the other room for children.

 Everyone who came said the lunch was tasty and that they had a nice time and really enjoyed making the cards.  This proved to be such a great activity to create conversation as well.  No entertainment, just different ways to sit next to someone and talk.  I am one step closer to making friends in our area.
I worked in my art journal this week.  I did pretty good with my personal goals.  I got online early one morning to sign the children up for sports they want to do.  Savanna is especially excited to participate in flag football come March.  
Savanna and Madeline have been another source of light this week.  I have watched them both work so hard to be diligent students.  Their school is an excellent school, and really is a lot of hard work.  There is no question they have more homework and harder work than their friends who attend other schools.  Sometimes they get frustrated with it but for the most part they are enthusiastic about what they are learning and I am so impressed with how they handle their lists of assignments that are due each night in different subjects and what is due online and what is due in paper and when.  I do very little to oversee their homework other than to check math and ask them about what still needs to be finished.  I am very proud of them and I realized this week that I don't let them know that enough.  (Sometimes they read my blog so I hope they can feel my love!!!)
Faye is a constant source of light; especially this week as she is smiling more and we even heard a first laugh.  So precious. 


Getting together with one of my brothers and my nephews was a blast as well.  The children are always thrilled when "Uncle Rich" is here to tease them - he brings light as he is much more fun and joking with them than I am.  And he was an excellent UNO opponent.  It is so funny to me that my three and four year olds' favorite game to play is UNO!  Christian is always happier and relieved to have two more boys so close to his age around the house to be with.  

Emma has the entire house lit up wth her excitement about her birhtday this coming week.  As some friends left our home tonight she shouted out "Enjoy February 9th, because that's my birthday!"  
So, I hope you enjoy your week, because it's Emma's birthday!  :)
Sailing on, 
E

Comments

  1. oh you all bring so much light to my life because I love you so much! I hope Emma has an amazing birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take your example and do some of these wonderful things you do to nourish your soul and reach out to others. And your baby is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment