Light No. 12

There has been so much beautiful sunshine around here this past week it has helped me tremendously!  Why is it so much easier for me to stay patient and happy when the sun is shining and the kids can go play outside?  :)

I had a few fabulous experiences this week that filled me with light.   Two were small, absolutely perfect moments with two of my children that allowed me to look deep inside their soul and adore them in all of their imperfect beauty for who they are.  Another was last night when I was able to attend the Young Women Broadcast for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  My niece was a part of the special choir that was singing and so we wanted me make sure we got to see her.  The entire experience gave me so much joy and light and faith and belief in the rising generation of young people who know who they are and who will "Arise and Shine Forth" as a light to those around them.  It reminded me what a remarkable young person my own daughter is who was seated next to me.  I remembered that as imperfect as I am as her mother and as imperfect as she is as her daughter, that we both have divine missions to fulfill and that most days we are doing our very best and are standing up for right and good things.  It was a treat as well to have MY mother with us and to be able to refect on the many times I have sat with her in similar settings and have my belief grow and been touched by her and her constant, faithful example.  It is an evening I will not soon forget.

I loved the time we were able to spend outside this week and was so excited to see my asparagus and a few other things coming up!  I know this weather is Colorado's great trick - because a big snow almost always comes in April.  I hope I can wait long enough to time the gardening just right this year... this weather sure is tempting me to fall for the trick though!

I realized a few more things about myself this week that made me truly understand how weak and broken I am sometimes.  I don't like that.  I don't like finding more weaknesses.  I do like that it allows me to turn to my Savior and rely more wholly upon Him for help and guidance.

Somehow we survived the first week of two soccer games and two football games and team photos all in the space of a few hours.  It's going to be an interesting next two months.  We are all learning a lot and I think this is a great practice in working together and cheering each other on.  Madeline is helping me as my assitant coach with Clark's team and she is so wonderful.  I am coaching Emma's team as well and that has been a riot so far.  I find it interesting that 16 sets of parents are able to come and sit and watch every single practice/game yet none was able to volunteer to coach... ?  The best part is how completely adorable they both look in their soccer get up.  Oh man, I love soccer.  I love my children playing soccer even more.

This upcoming week is spring break.  Can you hear my sigh of relief?  Having had two rather large projects due with different children this past week at school which were last minute on account of "forgetting because they were assigned so long ago" I have to say that not having any homework to worry about is break enough!  I don't know yet how we will be spending our week but I hope it includes sleeping past 6am and playing ouside a lot.

Sailing on.
E

Comments

  1. "Why is it so much easier for me to stay patient and happy when the sun is shining and the kids can go play outside?"

    I don't know, but I DO know that it is TRUE. TRUE TRUE TRUE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment