Wrapping up

We wrapped up the end of the school year with field day.  It was a lot of fun, although I personally think it's a bummer that all of the competition has been taken out of it.  I mean, there are not any races - only games where everyone can play and no one can win.  Because that's how real life works, right?  If I want a new car I just go down to the dealership and explain to them that even though I don't have the same amount of money as the other guy it wouldn't be FAIR to exclude me and therefore I should get a new car, I mean everyone should get the same thing no matter what.  Right?  Wrong.  But I'll stop there.

This water pipe game was my favorite.  It was fun to watch the kids hold their pieces of the pipeline together to fill up their bucket.

The best part for all of us is when we got to go into Christian's classroom and see the baby chicks that had just hatched.  Such energetic little balls of fluff!  For Emma and Clark that made all the walking around the field worth every minute.  I wish we could have held them and had photos but they were still breaking out of shells so we just looked in from the glass top of the incubator!

I'm looking ahead to June and seeing so much fun to be had and also worrying that the summer will be over too quickly.  A huge weakness of mine that I am working on -- learning to be happy with the now and not mourn the past or anticipate the future.  This first weekend has been a blast and I know we have more fun to come.  Memo to me:  Be present in the moment and look for the light in it.  Please help me remember.

Sailing on,
E

Comments