Light No. 23 & 24

Has more than a week really gone by?  When I planned our road trip it sounded like a long time yet it passed so very quickly.  Still, it is nice to be back in my own bed.

It's funny how things work out in life; everything works out in the end even if I can't see how it is going to.  It has been a long time since we have had a big hail storm around these parts.  Seeing as how Kurt sells roofs I don't mind hail storms every now and again.  We have been praying and praying for him to have work for a long time.  Two nights before we were to leave on our trip we had a big hail storm.  It was quite a show; complete with the house across the street being struck by lightning.  We both knew immediately that he should stay home and work so off I went with just me and the children.

It was a trip I am so glad I took; one that has left me thinking, praying, tired, and happy to be home.

I found light in so many places these past two weeks.  One thing I continue to re-learn is that so often the light comes to me not from things or events or places but from people.  The people who believe in me, serve me, love me, trust me, and share their lives with me.  At each stop along the way of my trip I learned so much from my family members that I had the opportunity to visit with.  I learned more about myself and I learned how much I still need to learn.

Relationships matter.  People matter.  Memories are an energy that propels my life in happy directions.
Sailing On,
E

Comments

  1. We are so happy that we were able to see you guys. Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment