Independence Day

I love the 4th of July.  This year did not disappoint.  It will be the year we remember raging Colorado fires in place of fireworks; missing my Mom and Dad because they went to be with my dying Grandmother, delicious and beautiful food prepared for days in advance by my mother, and a beautifully, festive decorated house done by my Dad!

There were bubbles, water guns and snappers involved; hours in the sandbox and jumping on the trampoline.  An early morning breakfast at the church complete with a parking lot parade.  A trip to the neighborhood swimming pool where the children enjoyed an endless supply of free Popsicles and water games.  Playing with cousins and enjoying fabulous food.  In the midst of all of this I got a new windshield on my van {finally, after two years and getting pulled over for it} and my parents got on a plane to Idaho to be with Grandma.
In keeping with tradition we painted the flag on our driveway the night before.  I was smarter this year and made sure to get washable paint so we don't go through THAT again with the HOA... silly. 


The evening ended with everyone watching Mirror, Mirror while I snoozed away on the couch.  It's just not a good idea to have me sit down after a day like this and expect me to stay awake.  
Faye feels the same way.  



I am so thankful to live in this country and for the freedoms that I enjoy.  God Bless America! 
E

Comments