His Final Run


Christian is quickly approaching his eighth birthday which means that he will be too old for Muttin' Bustin'.  This past weekend my mother alerted me to the Douglas County Fair and Rodeo so off we went to sign him and Emma up to ride.

Fourty six children rode on saturday afternoon and then the top ten rode again saturday evening.  Emma was given a bit too much time in the pen sitting on the sheep and decided to just climb off.  Silly girl.  Christian placed 9th and moved on to the evening rodeo.

We spent the rest of the day at the fair and got free seats for the family for the rodeo that night.

Christian got all duded up and ready to ride.  His mother was by far the loudest parent cheering for him and moving in close for pictures.  I'm not sure why I didn't remember that I could have taken a video on my phone but it may have something to do with how loud I was cheering.  The cowboy at the gate was talking to us and gave Christian some tips on his sheep riding skills which paid off!

He took first place and won a new belt buckle.  It was a great way to end his Muttin' Bustin' career and a fabulous fun night at the rodeo with our family.  I love every minute of it.  I love the cheering, the dust, the animals and pretending like I'm a cowgirl.
I'm still dreaming of the day we can move onto some acerage and live a more out of town lifestyle.  But until then I just keep pretending and dreaming.  My children are on board with me which I love.
We ended the evening by meeting the Rodeo princesses.  Life sure can be hard sometimes but there is a lot of fun that can be had along the way.  I think I'm doing a better job mixing fun in and I'm glad.
E


Comments

  1. Super fun fun fun! I love the pictures of Christian! Way to go! I need to take the family next year. We went a couple of years ago when Julia won "best of show" with her photography and several first place ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the fair. I love the fair.

    That second picture is so great. I really love it.

    And what an awesome way to end his mutton bustin' career! Way to go, Christian!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment