Light No. 50

Is there only just over a week until Christmas?  I'm trying hard to savor each day and give more hugs and have softer answers and read a lot of Christmas stories.   We are spending time looking at the lights of Christmas on the tree and all over town and the light truly is magical.

This week was a whirlwind once again.  I felt like I spent so much time getting things done away from home that the home really suffered, but I did what needed to be done.  I attended the annual ornament exchange with some dear friends and it was a great fun night.

The weekend was dreamy - as Kurt and I went to Winter Park for the weekend.  Grandma Smith was kind enough to come and take care of the children, along with visits from Aunt Sue and Uncle John.  We are so thankful for their willingness to stay here and help so Kurt and I could have a getaway.  I felt guilty leaving again since I just visited my sister last week.  Once we were gone and in the mountains I began to relax and we had such a fun time going to little shops and antique stores, walking around in the snow, and getting more sleep than either of us has had in a very very long time.  It was somewhat of a challenge to take photos of us together but we managed a few.   (Why do I look so OLD?)

I'm ready for the new year to begin I think.  I know what my word is for next year.  I know what our main goals are and what I need to really focus on.  I know that I have a lot of improvements to make.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming week; feeling renewed and rested and excited about the holiday.  I am more thankful than every for my faith and testimony and many many blessings.  I have a lot to do and a lot to be thankful for.  I have a lot of light to give and will continue to seek.

Sailing on,
E

Comments