Nurture NO. 9

It was a good week.
We had a snow day, some good laughs, a lot of messes, activities, and time together.  We went sledding and played in the snow.  I started a snowball fight with my son and he thought that was pretty great.  I tried to loosen up and laugh more which makes everything more bearable.  Emma had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and Clark and Faye got to play along.  They loved that.

Notice the needs:  I have had some pretty huge opportunities to realize where I have been not doing very well meeting some needs for a few people who live here.  It is humbling to realize how much work I need to do in this area and it basically boils down to me tuning into what they need rather than what I WANT to have happen.  Why is it so hard to surrender my plan?

Understanding:  I made some good progress here.  I've been able to realize a lot about being defined by who we are rather than by an action we may take.  I have been working really hard to make sure I am not labeling my children as who they are by a few weak character traits they may have.  We all have those and yet that isn't who we are.

Read:  I finished reading a fun book this past week and started two more.  I love to read.  I love seeing my children reading on their own and I love that Emma is reading more and more now.  She is reading signs all over when we drive around and is able to read most of the words on her own when we read scriptures now.

Tune in:  I had a fairly good week at tuning in.  I was present in the moment, as well as really listening to my body to try to figure out how I'm going to get past this neck/nerve thing.

Use time Wisely.  I can always use work in this area.  I found that I didn't manage time extremely well this past and week and didn't take very good care of the house.

Reach out:  I had some intense parenting learning experiences this past week and I'm thankful for the patience of my husband as he helps me to remain more calm and think about their needs.  I have continued to give a lot of hugs and it helps.

Energy:  I'm gearing up for a major eating change next week and I know that it will be hard but good for me.  Must do it.

Now I am well into week 10 and I better just post this and move forward.
Sailing On,
E

Comments