I'm Back

So this is catching up on week 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Ha!
As if there is such a thing as 'catching up' when you are a mother!

I've been gone from the computer for a combination of reasons, one of them being that I'm in a bit of a funk.  Pulling out, but that's where I've been.
Other contributing factors:  spring break, busy doing things in real life and staying off the computer in order to remain productive and not spend money, being sick 3 times, soccer season beginning, sick children, awesome weather that makes you go outside and not be near a computer, Clark dental surgery, Clark sick and wheezy following dental surgery, endlessly doing laundry and cleaning the house, Easter egg decorating and celebrating.   I would be lying if I didn't say that changing over from iphoto to aperature (what a joke!) has been most frustrating and has made me NOT want to go through photos on the computer and blog them.

In my defense, I have some awesome photographs from the past 4 weeks, especially on spring break with my children.  We chose to stay in town and plan a fun outing each day with the childrens' input.  We slept in and had pajama day to celebrate Kurt's birthday, we went the the Museum of Nature and Science, we decorated Easter eggs and watched movies with cousins, we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and we went Go Kart racing.  We stayed up late and played games, we ate yummy food and laughed together.  We started work on our garden and I cleaned several bags out of the basement and found happy new homes for them.  We played in the snow and laughed a lot.  We ate way too much sugar.
This past weekend, being the first weekend in April was the semi-annual general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  This is consistently my favorite weekend twice a year.  I love the messages, the love I feel from God and our church leaders, being with my family, and feeling renewed and encouraged.  This weekend was fantastic.  I'm excited to share with my children some of the new videos for families up on the church website.  You can check them out Here.  
I'll conclude with my favorite quote from the weekend, which is from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"Hope on.  Journey on.  Fan the flame of your faith."
What is life without hope after all?  

I'm happy to report I have been doing some nurturing in my absence and that I am improving my habits.  The resolutionary challenge ended and I'm always glad I participated in it.  Here's to spring and new beginnings, especially in those deep recesses of our hearts that need them.

Sailing on, 
E



Comments