Nurture No. 39

When I saw the other day that there are 13 weeks until Christmas I started to have some worries.  Not because of Christmas but because of knowing that shortly thereafter comes the end of the year.  And with that brings questions to myself like 'am I doing ANYTHING better, like I wanted to?'.  Am I different at all?  Have I improved on anything or am I still making the same old mistakes?


This past week I can't say that I make big progress or did anything that made me a different person than I was at the start of this year.  Homeschool is getting better into routine each day and I feel happy about that.  My workout routine is suffering and I'm not sure how to fix that, and I'm bothered by it.

I've been getting up early each morning to study my scriptures and prepare for the day.  I love the quiet of the house and with the colder weather I love having some warm cider or hot cocoa ready when the children come downstairs.

I'm making loads of mistakes and yet I feel ok because I am constantly remembering that because of Jesus Christ I can keep trying.  I'm so looking forward to this weekend because of General Conference -- where I get to hear from modern prophets on the earth and know how to better myself and my life in a way that God wants me to.  I love these church leaders and I love to listen to their messages.  I've realized that one of the reasons I have been enjoying sewing lately is that I have it paired up wtih listening to conference talks while I do it and that always makes me feel better.

I'm constanlty fighting that feeling of feeling weary; feeling like I try hard and nothing sticks.  Revernce at church with my children has been a recent struggle and it frustrates me.  What frustrates me the most is knowing that in all things I need to be a better example.  It's hard to be better when sometimes I'm just so tired and I want to get THROUGH today.  When I'm in a survivor mentatlity I am not in a looking forward improving mentality.

Soccer season is in full swing and I really do enjoy it.  I love watching my children run and work hard.

I'm now so tired that I can't remember what else I was going to write and I want this post to happen so I'm calling it here.

Sailing On ,
E

Comments

  1. I get the weary thing. my favorite scripture lately is this...Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. helps me to act in faith and keep trying. i don't know how you are doing homeschool for all your sweet kiddos. it is so much and i am just doing 2 of my kids right now. we are thinking the boys will start when we move the beginning of nov. sorry i am so bad about keeping in touch. love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment