Wiped Out

It's amazing what nearly a week's worth of waking up every 1.5 hours at night can do to you.  It can knock you out, drag you and down, and leave you wondering what in the world has happened to your life.

For some reason we have stayed sick since the week before Christmas.  It could be worse, I recognize that.

However, it is getting tiresome and I think my family wants to have the old me back, the one who previously slept at night and only woke up one or two times with children as opposed to 8 or 10 or 14 times {last night}.  At 2 am I finally just called it quits and took Faye downstairs and put on the movie Cinderella.  Finally, I thought she will fall asleep.  Don't believe that for one second.  She talked to me about every image in that movie for the duration of it {look mom, the birdies are wearing pink hats, my favorite color}.   While she is adorable, I'm beginning to feel that she isn't quite as cute at midnight, 1:20am, 2:00am, 4:00am, and 5:15 am.

On the brighter side, I squeezed in a ton of sewing this week {being quaranteened at home and all}, I drank a lot of hot chocolate {thank you January for the cold that reminds me that I could live on tomato basil soup and hot chocoalte}, I snuggled and help feverish kiddos who don't usually climb up on my lap any longer, I taught my daugher how to bake bread, and I did stay on top of the laundry {well, it's all washed, and folded.  tomorrow it will get put away}.

I spent a lot of time thinking about my Savior, Jesus Christ since that is the lesson I was teaching in Relief Society this week.  I was reminded how he saves me on a daily basis and how I can live the life I life because of grace.  I was reminded that kindness is always the best way and that walking in the Love of the Christ can fill us up when we are depleted.

I took a lot of photographs and have stayed on top of my 365 project.  I watched many TED talks and have had my mind expand further about the possibilities of homeschool, or hackschool, or whatever you want to call it.

I had some great visits with friends that left me feeling cheerful and ready to get back to work.

And while I'm still praying for a full night's sleep for tonight;  I'm feeling super grateful for the life I have.  I'm also wondering what I can do to make sure I continue to walk toward the life I want to lead, to make mindful decisios with my time and resources.

I walk in charity,   I keep walking in charity.

Sailing on,
E

Comments