Photo Friday

Because I have neglected to sti down at the computer for a few weeks I have a lot to pack in to this post.  I hope you treat yourself to something great if you are brave enough to scroll through them all.

There is an ongoing battle between the three oldest children right now for who can finish reading the Harry Potter series first.  It's best to be first because, well, we only have one set of books.   I'm sorry to say there has been hiding of books, sneaking into each other's bedrooms to steal books, and many trips to the library to acquire additional copies.  For some reason, though,  it remains more desirable to steal your sister's copy than to read from the library copy.  I'll let you know when I figure that one out.  The funniest thing is that Faye is convinced that his REAL name is Harry Cotter.  I have banned Harry Potter discussions on Sundays as I need at least one day of the week to have conversation about other things in life.  

Savanna graduated from having an expander to having an expander AND upper braces.  It's nothing for the faint of heart to endure and she has been a trooper.  The sad part is how she instantly looks like a teenager.  I wasn't ready for that. 

My children insisted that they needed the experience of sleeping on the trampoline in the dead of winter.  I really cannot find any way of understanding this.  They begged and begged.  The funniest part is that it was Christian, Emma, and Clark.  I thought for sure they would be inside freezing by midnight (because it was 30 degrees!) but they stayed out there the entire night.  I took a photo of them from my warm and cozy bed upstairs.  Check that one off the bucket list! 

Basketball season is ending, soccer has already started up again.  Piano and guitar lessons continue and the house is in a constant flux of wreck and picked up but never as spotless as I dream.  This leads me to know that I have way too much 'stuff' and I'm trying my hardest to get rid of something each day.  I need serious practice with this and I find it difficult to say goodbye to things (especially if they are made of out wood - what's with that?).  I'm getting better at going through clothing and before I wash things in the laundry I inspect them for rips or stains. 

 Emma quickly caught on to me and now avoids putting her clothes in the laundry because she has noticed that some of her favorite items (leggings that were too small, worn out, with holes in both knees and a shirt that could no longer be restored to it's state of being white) go missing that way.  Perhaps I need new methods.  This is how Emma feels about me casting off her favorite things.  Acutally, this is how Emma feels 50% of the time. 

By watching how quickly she goes from saying "this is the best day of my life" to crying "this is the worst day of my life" I am reminded that beneath her show of fancy, sassy, sure of herself actions is a delicate soul who needs to be reminded that we live most of life in the middle, rather than in the extremes.  It also reminds me that others around me feel more passionately about some things than I do and that I need to seek to understand them so I can better love and teach.  
As we continue to visit the stables every Monday for our 'real world schooling' we are learning not just about horses but about life and hard work.  We are having a great time and are feeling so grateful to Rofino, our kind teacher who is so patient with all of the children's questions and always has special jobs waiting for them to do when we arrive.  Who knew that picking up rocks out of pastures could be so much fun?  

I could go on and on with the photos but that dinner isn't making itself! 
I walk in charity, I keep walking in charity. 
E


Comments