A quick and fantastic Salad recipe

For a few years now I have become opposed to purchasing salad dressings at the grocery store.  It's so easy to make your own and then I know and can control what exactly those ingredients are.  (Who really knows what 'artificial colors and flavors' means?)
I recenlty found this recipe and it is a keeper so I'm sharing!

Dressing:
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. honey
2 teaspoons minced shallots
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil

Salad:
Lettuce of your choice ( I used mixed greens with spinach and arugula)
1 large apple, sliced (I used a gala)
1/2 c. cashews
6 oz crumbled feta cheese

To make the dressing puree the first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Keeping the blender on the lowest setting, slowly pour in olive oil until well combined.
That was easy, wasn't it?  And you will love it!

E

Comments