May !

The weather is beautiful and we are so much enjoying soaking up the sun as we finish up soccer season.  I feel so blessed to be having such great weather as I contiue my attempts at being a gardner.

April felt like it flew by so quickly and I realized that I had not taken a lot of time to reflect on everything that had taken place and how I felt about it all.  After doing that I feel like I have learned a lot and I feel very blessed for how we continue to be guided and watched over by the hand of the Lord.  Blessings large and small appear at every intersection of every week and I'm thankful that I have had great reminders to recognize and show gratitiude for them.

I've learned so much homeschooling this year and now that I have all of my curriculum ordered for the upcoming school year I feel so thankful to have a supportive husband and friends on this homeschooling adventure.  I'm so happy with all that I am learning and with watching my children learn and grow.

As I continue to work and pray and work and pray to find the right location to the get Pure Bliss Shaved Ice open this summer I am again thankful for people who encourage dreams to come to fruition in my life.  I'm also thankful for the lessons that I learned long ago, from great parents, about hard work and persistence.  So much of life is carried on the wings of not giving up.

Speaking of not giving up, isn't that what our own personal journey's of faith and parenting are all about?  I sure feel like it.  There is so much to do and to be learned in the daily work of walking on and not allowing things to stop us.  We may have to sidestep or back up and then move forward, but 'Keep moving forward' is something that I say a lot when I talk to myself.

We had the MOST FUN birthday celebration for my dad's 65th birthday and my brother Brent's birthday as well.  We all went to Dart Warz and had a blast shooting at each other.  An added bonus was Matt being here in town as well.  It was such a great memory and my children have been talking about it every day since.  Thanks Mom for planning such a super party!

I'm hopeful, and feeling grateful for all (or maybe MOST)  that life offers.
Sailing On,
E

Edited:   I wrote this post 5 days ago.  Now we are buried in 5 inches of snow and it is still coming down.  Say a little prayer for my garden!  I'm thankful I can stay home and snuggle my children and not go anywhere today.   Emmas' s staples are out of her head and it seems to be healing well.  That shirt is forever stained with blood but it could have been so much worse.  The regular soccer season is now over and I'm ready to take a break from coaching which feels great.  Life is good.
E

Comments