Glory

We celebrated the birthday of this great man and my children had the best time putting on ALL of the candles.  He was a great sport about it. 

I think the rabbits stopped eating my garden last year because they now know that if they dare to enter our yard a child will either shoot at them or catch them.  


It's funny how the parts of the yard that are misshapen and have annoying slopes where water sits are the favorite places for them to play.  That just goes to show that you can find greatness in what is imperfect and broken if that is what you are looking for.  Also, a certain three year old can be quite opinionated about what she wears.  Especially when it does not match whatsoever.






Ye cannot behold
with your natural eyes,
for the present time,
the design of your God
concerning those things
which shall come
here after,
and the
glory
which shall follow
after much tribulation.


Doctrine & Covenants 58:3

The weekly family photo this past week consisted of cousins and Grandparents beginning the annual Easter Egg hunt in between General Conference sessions.  

"I'll just close my eyes while I reach so this tree doesn't poke me"

If you were wondering how Sheffield got this awesome oval mark around his eye; that is what happens when a baby faceplants on an open plastic easter egg.  Ouch.



I've been feeling like I just keep making the same mistakes; struggling with the same old weaknesses that I've been trying to overcome in myself for years and years.  I've been feeling a little bit like I'm stuck in my own form of 'tribulation' so I loved printing out this scripture for me to read.  
Glory.  
That's where we are headed.  Not because I deserve it but because the grace 
of Jesus Christ
allows for it! 
Sailing On, 
E



Comments