Happenings that I must remember

The days are so filled with joyful, laugh out loud moments that I made sure to try to capture more of them this week.
The back door was open and a bird rapidly flew into our kitchen, realized it was a bad idea, and turned around and ran into the NOT open side of the sliding door and promptly killed itself.   We were all so stunned!  Savanna picked the bird up and Sheffield begged to hold it.  He was fascinated with the soft feathers and was having a hard time grasping the fact that it was suddenly no longer living (after flying in our house right past him!)  He was really sweet about it and kept asking "birdie fly?'
Our florist unit is wrapping up with the end of the school year and while I will not miss the mess and the hard work I will miss having so many fresh flowers in my house every week at my disposal.  It has been so fun to watch Savanna and Emma grow with their artistic abilities and trying new things.  Last week Savanna went to teach 15 young girls about floral arranging and helped them make boquets for their mothers for Mother's Day.  It was a huge success and she did a lot of prep work. 
Sheffield is really into giving loving headbutts lately.  It's pretty funny and it's great when he doesn't hit you too hard.
A friend gave us a swing recently and Emma took it upon herself to climb a tree in the backyard and get it in working order for Sheffield.  He now lets himself out the back door and climbs up in the swing all the time.  The only thing is he cannot get himself out so after he's finished (about 40 minutes after he gets in) he just sits there calling 'hewp, hewp'!
What my house really needed last weekend was some serious cleaning.  What my family needed was a walk to the park.  I'm glad that I gulped down my frustration at the mess and that we spent some time walking and playing together.  As I watched my beautiful teenagers play the cup song on the park drums I found myself wondering how many more years do I have with them walking to the park with us as a family?  Oh, and the mess was waiting for us when we got back.  It didn't go anywhere and they were much more willing to help after having some down time. 
The weekly family photo project continues and I love it so much.  I love that it's perfectly imperfect every single time with so much personality coming through. 
Tomorrow is Madeline's last day of school for this year.  I could not be more proud of her tenacity to work hard and push herself.  I keep reminding her to have fun being a teenager as well.  She's pretty great.  
Faye continues to ride her imaginery horses everywhere and she cracks us up constantly.  Yesterday my brother said that he serioiusly wishes that she walked around with a selfie stick with a gopro on it because she is always saying the most funny things.  Great idea! 
Emma's new favorite thing to play is Pioneers.  She gets all the get up on and packs up the wagon and gets Faye's teepee out and they travel around the yard.  This week they waited out a hail storm in the tent and she thought it was the greatest experience ever.   I love her game planning skills, it's amazing.
The spring sunshine is taking us outside more and more and I feel myself being pulled toward the green grass and the Vitamin D.  I love it.  I'm so excited to see how the garden grows and what adventures are waiting for us this summer.  We are very blessed to live in such a lovely place. 
Sailing On, 
E


Comments